What to Do If You Fall
- Don’t Panic: Stay quiet for a minute and assess the situation.
- Make a decision whether or not to get up.
If you do try to get up:
- Use stable furniture for help.
- Take time to recover.
- Tell someone you had a fall. Seek medical advice if necessary.
If you can’t get up:
- Try sliding or crawling to seek help.
- Try to access a phone, front door, personal alarm, mobile phone, or even an open window or door to make a loud noise or yell for help.
- Make yourself comfortable and warm until help arrives.